The third International Conference on Communication in Healthcare organised by the European Association for Communication in Healthcare (EACH).
The programme will address the following topics;
- Evidence-based approaches to the assessment of quality in communication
- Demonstrating and evaluating teaching approaches and material
- Communication in specific professions (e.g. nursing,
physiotherapy, surgery and anaesthesia)
- Communication in in-patient settings
- Communication in specific clinical settings (e.g. diabetes,
- Communicating with patients with medically unexplained symptoms
- Inter-cultural issues in communication
- What patients want to talk about if we let them
- How to involve patients
- Creating and feeling trust – atmospheres in communication
- Power and influence in clinical consultation
- Shared decision making – time for a re-appraisal?
- Counselling and risk communication
- Communicating about spiritual issues.
For more details visit the EACH website.